PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 29, 2013

Face It: Timeless Truth Instantaneous Brightening Cooling Mask

Malaysia has been going through some of the worst weather in a very long time. It's so hot and humid you can cook an egg in the shade (not that I've actually tried). I am always drinking cold water and taking cool showers just trying to cool down. But when it comes to my face, I like to use masks. 

Recently, I was one of the lucky bunch who got the chance to review a mask from a new brand in Malaysia in Plusizekitten's Easter Giveaway in collaboration with The Butterfly's Project - Beauty Bloggers. I received four masks in total, how generous! I was only expecting one!


And so, presenting the Timeless Truth Instantaneous Brightening Cooling Mask! Check out those snowflakes! Cuteness....the image truly reflects the purpose of the mask.


And it has cuts in the mask to help your skin breathe and to help the skin absorb all the serum's goodness.





The menthol in the mask was a welcomed respite from the heat. The mask is extra wonderful if you stick it in the fridge for a bit before putting it on, perfect for a little beauty boost during the day time. But as for me, I used it at night and as I was relaxing in my air-conditioned room, I didn't think I'd need the extra help of the fridge.

BE WARNED! I am no mask model. And the pictures below have been taken by myself with a DSLR camera so it was pretty difficult getting a good, balanced picture. 

The reason there are some gaps visible is not because of the mask. But my oddly shaped face. Yes, I know it looks weird too. Feel free to move onto the next paragraph.

I was looking forward to the hyaluronic acid boost as well since that helps with plumping up the skin. I have dry and sensitive skin so I was not sure how the mask would fare against this challenge. But alas, it was fine. Better than fine really! It did not affect my skin in any way. No flare ups, redness, or any of those nasty problems I get when a product reacts badly against my skin. 

After the usual 20 minutes, the mask had pretty much been fully absorbed and so it looked pretty dry. Compare the before picture with the one below and you'll see what I mean.



And the cutest bit, besides the snowflake on the packaging of course, is that my skin continued to tingle for a few minutes even after removal. My cheeks especially felt tingly and cool, something I have never experienced before. Very cool (pun intended)! That's not all! I thought that my skin looks slightly brighter after masking, even my facial scars looked somewhat lighter. No joke.


A look at the back of the package. It states the Ingredients, Directions, Skin type, Cautions, Validity, Manufacturing Date, Storage, and Manufacturer.




All in all, if you want a sheet mask that offers an instant brightening effect or just something to give you some relief from the heatwave, this is the mask for you! And at RM8, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 


Some interesting info about Timeless Truth
  1. The only skincare brand in Burj Al-Arab – Tower of Arabs; 7 stars hotel in the world.
  2. Available at Armani Hotel, Dubai.
  3. Selective masks are available at 370 outlets in Sephora France and Italy.
  4. Selective masks are available at 70 over outlets in Parashop, France.
  5. 4 flagship stores in Taiwan and China.
  6. Marketed by ColourMix in Hong Kong and Macau.
  7. Leading Taiwan skincare brand.
  8. GMP + ISO22716 + ISO9001 certified
  9. Certified Halal by the Chinese Muslim Association of Taiwan.
  10. The products have been registered with the Ministry Of Health, Malaysia.

And if you want to know the correct way to put on a Timeless Truth Mask, check out the video below:

For more information:

Disclosure: I won the products above but was not compensated financially or otherwise. Everything mentioned are my own thoughts based on my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to my blog! I love reading your thoughts