Fall Book Exchange 2.0 is a lovely new incentive to share some book love hosted by the gals at Ruby’s Reads Book Exchanges and Letters Inside Out. I just signed up for this and I am excited! I know everyone has their fave books and your wishlists are super long. But so are others' and the great thing is that you get paired up with someone else and get to select their book for them. So in a way, you are their not-so-Secret-Santa.
WAIT, don't get too excited now. I know everyone loves getting presents but there are (of course) some rules to follow so that everyone plays fair!
Here are the rules:
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. Everyone's welcome!
- International participants are welcome, too, anywhere that the Book Depository ships. Please be aware, when you sign up, that you may be assigned an international santee.
- You will need a wishlist in order to participate. Where you keep your wishlist--on Goodreads, Amazon, or your blog--is up to you and you will be able to link to two wishlists in the form. If you need help setting up a wishlist, email me and we'll help you figure it out. Amanda may be a technical genius, but Ruby is definitely not.
- PLEASE NOTE: Fall Santas (FSs--) will chose TWO books from your wishlist for a total of around $18-20. If you want one book for that price, it's up to you--let your FS know. Also remember that the Book Depository has free shipping. You should not be spending half of your $18-$20 on shipping. This was an issue during the last exchange, and some people felt they didn't get a fair exchange.
- Pre-ordered items are acceptable ONLY if this is agreed upon by both parties.
- You may purchase your books from whatever source you choose, but please do not send used books. Ebooks must be okayed with the santee before purchasing.
- Once santas and santees are assigned, addresses will be exchanged between individuals. If you're not comfortable with this, please do not sign up.
- Sign ups begin on September 22, and end on October 22. This is a bit different from the usual, since the Summer Book Exchange 2.0 began late this year.
- After you send the books to your santee, you must fill out the tracking information form I will provide for you.
- To join the exchange, you must fill out THIS form. It is also included at the end of this post.