PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Movie Buff: Clash of the Titans? More like The Titanic...Sinking


It is with a heavy heart that I must say that this movie disappointed me on quite a few levels. I had such hopes for this one. Especially with Sam Worthington no longer decked out in his career-boosting shade of blue, but as a real man or should I say Demi-God?

So, what is good about this movie? Besides the delish Sam Worthington? For me it was the mythological aspect of the film. Being quite the fan I am, I expected some cool mythological characters. There were a few of course, with Zeus, Hades, Pegasus, Medusa playing pretty big roles. What I didn’t expect was the Kraken, of which most of us have come to know as being from Pirates of the Caribbean. That, unfortunately, was practically all I liked about this movie.

But what was bad about it? For one thing, the space gaps! And boy were they big. Jumping through the ages as we follow Perseus’ (Sam Worthington) character growing up, jumping from one scene to a totally different one, I almost couldn’t keep up.

The fight scenes were really shaky to the point you couldn’t tell who was where and what they were doing. I even found some of the characters’ outfits weren’t done so well, to the point where you couldn’t really see the character clearly. Worse if you aren’t sitting in the top half of the screening hall!

And how in the world can they NOT have Sam Worthington with his pecs! That is such a loss. Or perhaps I am getting too excited over the upcoming Prince of Persia with the hunky Jake Gyllenhaal in full pec mode.

AND, THE ENDING! Meh at the most. Anti-climax I say. Although I won’t say how it happened but you all know how it really ends anyway. Nothing to shout about, more like to scream about in upset.

I really think this movie was made purely for the 3D effect, something I am starting to tire from due to the mass bombardment of 3D movies recently. In truth, I only saw the 2D version but it sure isn’t good enough to make me want to sit through it again.

If you’d rather save the tenner you’d have to spend on this movie, all you have to do is watch the Disney version of Hercules The Movie and you pretty much know what happens in this one.


This movie ain’t fooling no-one!


Till next time movie-lovers

Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review financially or otherwise. Everything mentioned are my own thoughts based on my experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to my blog! I love reading your thoughts