PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Face It: Kiehl's Ultimate White Surface Brightening Exfoliator, hype or HG?

I first read about the Kiehl's Ultimate White Surface Brightening Exfoliator a few months back on several other sites. At the time I did not know of Kiehl's but those rave reviews piqued my interest so I researched further. What I found out made me more confident in my desire to test the product. A big plus point is that Kiehl's gives free samples any day any time, and to anyone who asks. So I did what anyone in my position would do. I got a sample! That was then. And now is now. But how did it work out for me?


Well let's just say that I purchased the full-size when I was invited to VonVon's Kiehl's party! What is more, I got it on discount too!
The texture out of the tube is thick and quite coarse without water.


It's creamy white texture would make even Snow White envious. Honestly, my first time using the product was pretty rough. My fault though as I didn't add enough water to it.


Although you don't need that much water to create the lovely, foamy lather, an adequate amount of water is needed to dissolve some of the granules to avoid the exfoliator being too rough and scratchy on the skin. After some of the cream has been dissolved, tiny granules are left and this is what makes this gentle exfoliator a winner in my books!


After

After gentle scrubbing my face with this in a circular motion, I use the remains on my neck and decolletage. Hey, if it works on the face, it should be fine there too right? Well I am happy with the results. I am quite wary when it comes to facial scrubs due to my sensitive cheeks. But to my amazement, it didn't cause any redness. In fact, I notice that my cheeks were less red after using this. May it be due to the whitening properties? I don't really care about that really as I think I am quite fair as I am. My main concern was to get an exfoliator gentle enough for my skin yet gives me my desired results. And I believe I have found the one!



Loves: Gentle on my sensitive cheeks, exfoliates well, you don't need to use a lot to get results

Gripes: None so far!
My advice would be to use a little and lather it up. If you feel it is too little, then slowly add more. This way you cut down on wastage and can cater it to our own needs.


But do keep in mind that you should always patch test as not every product works the same way for others. This is where the samples come in handy.
This product is available at all Kiehl's outlets. It comes in a 150ml tube for the price of RM 105. So what are you waiting for, get your sample and try it out for yourself!

Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review financially or otherwise. Everything mentioned are my own thoughts based on my experience.

5 comments:

  1. Haha yet another fan! Doesn't everyone? Good product.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my HG for facial scrub now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi abby,

    A great product indeed....

    P.s. tried leaving a comment earlier but I don't know if you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vonvon,

    Me too me too!! I think I should use it more often though. To reap the benefits.

    P.S. It did come out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to my blog! I love reading your thoughts